Monday, July 4, 2011

The Real Magic

Every little girl or boy believes in magic. Fairies, mermaids, beautiful princesses that rule kingdoms, anything a child can imagine.
But to me the real magic is God's power and miracles from the bible, and even in present time. The real magic lies in God's hands and in all His creations. It doesn't have to be major for God to work His "Magic".
Today I had a "Magical Moment" with Elise.
It started out when Elise was screaming in my mom's arms while she was making dinner. She had to get something from the deep freeze in the garage but she had to set Elise down for a minute. Of course, with Elise in her bad mood, she started crying even louder. Since my mom's hands were full with the food she was making us for dinner, I grabbed Elise and went upstairs to my room to entertain her, so hopefully my mom could make dinner in peace. After I entered my room, Elise immediatly said "baby" in her sweet voice, but there was no baby doll around so I just assumed she meant the stuffed animal cat by Johanna's bed. I was about to give it to her, when she pointed to the window. I thought she might want to see outside, where Alaina and Matthew were. So I lifted her up, and she had fun saying "hi" and I even got her to say "hi day-dee (katie)". But believe it or not, that was not my "Magical Moment" with Lisey girl. It was VERY cute though.
While saying "hi" to Alaina and Matthew, Elise kept glacing over to the guinea pig, so I decided to take her there. She did say "pi-pig (guinea pig)", but that still wasn't my Magical Moment. I decided to show her how to feed Oliver grass that we have as treats for the guinea pig. At first, I lead her hand to feed him, but by the third time, she did it herself!! There it is!! My magical Moment! It may not seem "Magical" to feed a guinea pig treats, but it seemed as magical as any of God's miracles to me. She IS God's miracle! Pride swelled up in my chest and I was so proud of her! She loved it so much! Sometimes she would try to get some out of the bag, but it came out of it's bag. I said "Uh-oh" (something we've been trying to teach her to say)"it fell!" She then took what was in her hand and tried to put it back in the bag it came in! I laughed about that, but what made me laugh harder was when she took it from the ground and fed the guinea pig that! She was being a very resourceful little 1 yr. old toddler! I love her so much and am very happy to have her as a little sister.
Although this "Magical Moment" wasn't huge or headline-news, it was a memorable mooment in my life that I will always treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment