Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Last Leaf

A chilly autumn breeze blows as a as a burnt, orange-colored leaf falls from a tree,
When I look up, I can see geese in a V formation, flapping their powerful wings as they head South for the approaching Winter,
A shivering squirrel gathers one more acorn before scurring to his home, a pitch black hole in the middle of a tree,
The crisp autumn leaves are beautiful, Colors of all sort, Orange, Red, Yellow, and Brown,
A little frost in windows reminds me Winter is not far off,
As the last leaf falls unto a pile of raked leaves, I jump and land in that pile, laughing and watching the leaves swirling around me before settling back on the ground,
I lay on my back and look at the sky,
Any one can agree there is no season like fall... :)
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment