Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Good Way To Get Closer To Siblings

When you have a large family, like I do, you need to figure ways to get along with your siblings. So this is a way to get along with them, whether your family is large or not.
A few days ago, we were on a bike ride. This was the third time Danielle has come with my dad and me. At that point I was feeling a bit jealous, now that Danielle does everthing with me since she's older now, and learning new stuff, like riding bikes without training wheels. As I stared at her, I couldn't help, but being a little happy that she was with us. It was only a little bit of happiness, like a ray of light in my dark thoughts, but I used that ray of light, to turn all my thoughts sunny. I realized that being bitter, jealous and selfish, didn't feel good at all, but being proud and happy for her made me feel she was my most best friend in the world, who lives with me, and has sleepovers with me every night.
So the next time we went bike riding, we were going up a big hill. That was only her third or fourth time riding with us, but she made it up the hill, without getting off her bike, while managing to keep up with us. At the end of the challenging hill, I congragulated her with a "Good JOB!", and I could tell, despite her tired face, that she was proud of herself.
To conclude this, always praise your siblings, and make them feel important, and they'll give you the best reward ever: A lifelong friend.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Katie, you're so right. And wise beyond your years, my dear. Never EVER underestimate the blessings of your siblings. Even when they're annoying or you just want to be alone... I grew up with one brother, ten years older than me. It was like growing up an only child, we NEVER did anything together. Now that we're both adults, it's as if we're cousins or he's an uncle. I would have LOVED to have had more/closer brothers and sisters, or at least one with your perspective ;) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie:
    I loved hearing of your love conveyed for Danielle. You truly are learning to lay down your life for your family, just as Christ laid down his life for us. Selfishness is an ugly attitude, but Jesus will always be pleased when we show love and kindness to others.

    Love
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete