Thursday, June 23, 2011

Craziness in the Morning

Today I woke up to the screaming "He went under the bed! Oliver went under the bed!!" (Oliver is my guinea pig.) I immediatly got up,and jumped off the ladder to my bunkbed. Sure enough, Matthew and Alaina were trying to get the guinea pig out of under the bed (aka Benny's, my cats, favorite hideout) The shouting eventually scared the guinea pig and he ran out, but on the completly other side of the bed. Before I could grab Oliver, Benny came shooting out from under the bed also and raced after him. Oliver, surrounded by little, shouting kids and a cat, ran under the bed again. Benny again ran after him but I made sure Benny wasn't near the guinea pig, but Oliver had already run off and Benny just looked at him lazily, and lay down. I finally got ahold of Oliver, and got the story straight from the younger kids.
The guinea pig had opened his own cage (again) and he has been able to ever since one time, we were running errands (for about 3 hrs.) and came back to Oliver's cage open, and he being in the closet, looking guilty. I found a solution which sort of locks it in place, but I think he's figured out a way to open that.... He's not always running around the house so I think it takes him awhile to open it, then ocasionally gets out... So yeah, Craziness in the Morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment