Friday, February 17, 2012

John 3:16 A poem I wrote

There once was a little boy
Who in him had a great joy
His friends were stumped
His teachers confused
So they asked him, and he said "I have the Great News
It says in the New Testament, it says it right there
This Great News makes me not despair!
This specific verse, it says it all,
It's John 3:16, I can recall!
"For God so loved the world
he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever
believes in him, shall not perish but have eternal life!" "
With a grin and a nod and a wink of the eye
This little boy said "Good-bye!"
Ans skipped very merrily away
And gave something for them to think about, to say!

1 comment:

  1. I love your poems Katie! How long does it usually take you to write one? I've written two (and started another, but I don't even remember if I finished it, lol!), one with help from Tori, and they took forever! At least an hour each to do the first draft... I enjoyed it, but not enough to make a hobby out of it. But yours are great :)!

    ReplyDelete