Monday, December 31, 2012

A Dwindling Light

Sitting by the fire
Watching the flames grow higher and higher
 With this great light I cannot see
The small candle that is dwindling
By my side it stays
Long day after long day
So intrigued, fascinated at the flames
I do not see how I've turned away
Yet through this time, the fire grows dark
Bringing forth a great test, a test of the heart
And when the fire has blown away
The dwindling light is here to stay
It guides me through the cruel darkness of night
And at this time is even more bright
Then the fire that had lead me astray
This dwindling light had shown me the one way
And is here to stay forever and ever
One thing I know is that I will never
Turn my back on this dwindling light
With that I would now trust with my life

No comments:

Post a Comment