Thursday, November 8, 2012

No Season Like Winter


Advancing forward in a white wonderland, I take in the glistening, beauty of the snow. Mystifying, detailed flurries finish working their way to the ground, clinging onto my hat and coat. The fresh, untouched snow radiates, like twinkling stars contrasting the darkness of night. Pale and dove-gray, overcasting clouds hover over my head, as the last few snowflakes drift to the heavy blanket of snow. The sound of carolers break the silence, their outstanding voices carrying on in the air. After listening to them, I casually stroll inside, smelling a welcoming, peppermint and chocolate aroma, while peeling off my winter gear. Accepting a cup of steaming hot chocolate, I plop down beside our glowing Christmas tree, thinking, there is no season like winter!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I loved it! There is something similar to this on a tea we but (Gingerspice, I believe... it is really good!). As in, written in the same style and about winter... I like this one at least as much, and I've liked the other for about five years now ;). I can't wait until we are in VA with snow more often!...

    ReplyDelete