Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stop, Look and Love

Have you ever been so crazy busy you don't stop to think? And when you do, it's something about something exciting coming up? I do that. A lot. When it happens, I need to stop myself, and think about what really matters. I look around me. I see many little faces. I see a roof above my head. I see a pantry and fridge filled with food. I see two loving parents, and my best friend, Danielle. I see a bible, and a painting about love, and faithfulness above our piano. I see all these things and think I am lucky. I hear Mattthew's sweet little laugh, and Lisey's voice (that never stops). I look at Johanna's "things" she's always inventing. I hear Danielle laughing hysterically at something, and telling me all about it.  During this time love filles me up like a balloon. I need to keep that balloon of love filled up. I get tht love from Jesus, who has endless amounts of love that pours into me. Sometimes, my balloon pops too soon. Like let's ay during that moment, I realize Johanna is using MY paints to do her project. Or Danielle's laughing because of something she read in a book, and it really doesn't seem funny to me. Or Matthew and Alaina start fighting. That moment fades, and I start to get irritated. Sometimes I catch myself and only think about the good in the situation, like I am lucky I have paints, and a best friend, and a brother. I think of just how precious they are to me, and that balloon, it just fills right back up, and I smile, happy for my family. That feeling is the best ever.
All I have to do is stop, look, and love.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie, I loved it! This post reminded me so much of ME! I have the same problem of looking forward instead of to the here and now, but when you really take the time to look, you do see so many blessings!!! I can also not take it as the blessing it is, but it is so much better to look at the blessings God has given then the little things that don't even matter, even if they seem to at the moment ;). Do you mind if I link to it on my blog?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just a first born thing. :) No, I don't mind if you link it on your blog. <3

      Delete
  2. Maybe, I'm not sure. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (This is actually Tori :).)
    No... not a first born thing... Because, I do the same thing! Among many others, it's one of the things Jesus is working on in me. I really like your blog! I've read it for a while, but I don't THINK I've commented before. Tell Danielle I've got her letter done!

    ReplyDelete